Thank you to everyone who attended our 2012 Wine & Cheese event on September 27th at the Mercer Museum in Doylestown, PA. With over 50 member in attendance, and access to the Mercer Museum, it was an excellent event. Thanks go out to Valerie Ryder and her programming team for putting together such a lovely evening.
There were a number of important announcements made at this year’s Wine & Cheese. Here is a brief report on what was discussed.
- Our 2013 slate of chapter leader candidates were announced.
- Lou Ann Di Nallo — our 2013 president-elect (and 2014 president!)
- Jean Fisher — director (3-year appointment)
- Sabina Tannenbaum — treasurer (2-year appointment)
- Elaine Dean — secretary (2-year appointment)
- Tim Siftar provided an overview of the newly-announced Knower Fellowship. The Knower Fellowship will provide funding for a current student in a Drexel practicum class to work in a local special library performing duties for either a 10- or 20-week duration in an otherwise unpaid capacity. More details to follow!
- Chrystelle Browman — a 2012 Knower Fund scholarship recipient — provided an overview of her experience at the 2012 Annual Conference in Chicago. Chrystelle discussed how the scholarship provided her with an opportunity to improve her networking skills at Annual. Congratulations to our 2012 scholarship recipients — Chrystelle Browman and Allison DeWeerd.
- This year’s Wine & Cheese introduced our new “Bring-A-Friend” program, initiated by the chapter’s Membership Committee (Luray Minkiewicz and Tanya Finney-Estrada). Thanks are extended to Lou Ann DiNallo, Linda-Jean Schneider, Sarah Williams, and Louise Rolston for bringing a friend to the event!
- Due to ongoing revisions to the chapter’s policies and procedures, our Awards Committee has decided to postpone the distribution of our member awards from 2011 until the 2013 Annual Banquet.
- This year’s Wine & Cheese also introduced a “dine-around” option following the event. Our dine-arounds were a huge success — with 11 members dining at Chambers 19 Bistro, and 9 members dining at Spice. It was a great way to extend the networking beyond the Wine & Cheese event. Thanks go to our programming committee for their creative thinking.
- Through member donations, we were able to raise $130 for our Knower Fund! Of course, our main fundraiser for the year is our Silent Auction held annually during our Holiday Party. This year’s Holiday Party will be Tuesday, December 4th at the Union League in Center City Philadelphia More information on donations and registration will be circulated soon.
- And last, but certainly not least, a hearty thank you goes out to our 2012 Wine & Cheese gold-level sponsor — BizInt Solutions
See you all on December 4th at the Union League. Mark your calendars!